Friday, March 4, 2011

Fabulous Friday


I could really get used to being a stay at home mom, I’m pretty sure I could be employee of the year at our house.  

Karen took a day off today, it actually worked out well since I have to work all day both Saturday and Sunday.  Our day started with Clare going to work with Jeff for a short bit while I went to a Dr. appointment, but after that it was just the two of us.  We went to Kohl’s to get an immersion blender, of course we ended up walking all around and picking up a toy (a little ‘CD’ player that plays all sorts of music) and a shirt.  After shopping we headed home, I wanted to be home by noon so that Clare would have her same nap time as when she’s at Karen’s, I think that’s been my problem in past with her not napping very well.  Lunch was all orange, carrots, sweet potatoes, and Mac & cheese.  I was thrilled when she fell asleep with no trouble and napped for 1.5 hours!! 1.5 hours was plenty of time for the cleaning lady to get the floors done, ahhh, I love clean floors!

The weather has been exceptionally nice lately, nearly 60 all week.  Today was a little cooler, but the sun was been out.  I decided we should try and walk to the park for a little swinging; Kai was more than excited to join us and I needed the exercise.  The walk there wasn’t too bad, she had a coat, hat and blanket.  Once we got to the park it turned pretty chilly, Clare swung for a bit, but once it started to flurry we headed home.  I felt awful on the way home, I wished I hadn’t brought her out in the cold; her poor little hands were freezing.






















Clare tried her new shades on our walk, she'll be all set for her trip to Arizona in a few weeks. 

Tonight we’re going out to dinner, my mission to get out of the house as a family once a week.  We learned this week that Clare likes fish; it’s the only protein that she doesn’t spit out after the first bite.  I’d never had fish sticks, but Jeff swore the only side dish to fish sticks was Mac & cheese, apparently that’s how it was done on East 18th Street.  She loved her dinner of fish sticks and Mac & cheese.  So, a trip to Red Lobster is in our future, I can’t wait!

Tomorrow and Sunday I’ll be teaching Lifeguard Training, it’s that time of year.  Last year when I taught this class I was real pregnant and couldn’t wait to get the class over so I could start my maternity leave.  The thought of not seeing Clare all weekend makes me sad, I know she’ll have fun with Jeff but I don’t like knowing that I’m missing her at home, I’m afraid I’ll miss something. 


No comments:

Post a Comment