Thursday, March 17, 2011

11 Months


I woke up this morning to Clare calling my name; it is absolutely the best sounding alarm.  I walked in her room and she was still waking up, rubbing her eyes and holding Bunny up to her face, I could tell she was still sleepy.  I picked her up and she put her head on my shoulder, I love it when she does that. 

Each month I say the same thing; time is going way too fast. In the past month Clare has perfected her crawling, improved her balance and has even attempted a few steps with a little bit of help.  She has ventured between the coffee table and the couch, Jeff will put Bunny on one or the other and she will slowly work herself up to moving between the two to get to her, only to have Jeff move Bunny so she had to brave the gap again. Clare is in love with blueberries, not so sure about protein, learning to like milk, still enjoying Mac & Cheese, and adding new foods to her diet each day, tonight we learned she likes black olives and grapes. 

The countdown to her First Birthday is on, 31 days.  We’ll be having a small party to celebrate, nothing huge, just family and a few friends to share lunch and cake with our little Lady.  I have finished creating the invitations; they just need to arrive so I can send them out. I need to do something about a cake, I will probably make one for her, and maybe get some decorations, what else goes into a 1st Birthday Party? 

Before leaving for work we took our 11-month pictures with Truman and Chrissy.  Clare wasn’t feeling so photogenic this morning, she was still pretty tired, and she fell asleep pretty quickly once she got in the car.  While taking her picture this morning I remembered taking her picture the day she came home, she was so tiny, now you can hardly see Truman and Chrissy in the chair. 

Mama, I'm tired...





































As you can see our little photo shoot ended on a sad note, she was so tired.  

Clare, 

I love you more than anything in the world; don't ever forget.  You continue to amaze me and make me smile everyday, your voice is music to my ears and I love to hear what you have to say.  When you say my name my heart melts, knowing that you want to be with me makes my day, all I want to do is be with you.  I miss you more than you know when we’re apart; I count the minutes until I’ll see you again.  The smile on your face when I walk in the door is the perfect ending to my day; I will always come back to you.  

You are my world Little Lady, I love you!  

1 comment:

  1. You're such a good momma. You should put what you type into a word doc and put it in a book for her. I know when I hear how much my mom loves me and how she hoped for for my future, it gives me a sense of purpose and drive.

    Let me know if you want a little "smash" cake. I can make one.

    ReplyDelete