Friday, March 11, 2011

Afternoon Mountain Adventure

We all left work, daycare, a little early today so we could embark on a bit of an adventure thru Conifer and Evergreen, taking the unpaved road and seeing where the next turn would take us.  The views from up there are amazing, Jeff commented at one point that we could probably see our house from where we were, we also joked that our Mother’s probably wouldn’t have enjoyed the drive as much as we did (lots of drop offs, hairpin turns and curves on the side of the mountain).  We even saw some elk, deer and other wildlife, I was pretty excited since I'd never seen a real elk, they are huge!

Clare did pretty well on the drive, although started to get tired of her car seat after about an hour, I couldn’t blame her.  We stopped at one point in Aspen Park for a rest stop, Clare and I both needed to get out of the car and stretch our legs.  I started to not feel so great, the winding roads and hairpin turns did a number on my stomach, luckily I didn’t need the plastic bag I brought with me just in case.  I told Jeff that the only thing worse than sitting in the backseat was sitting in the backseat going backwards, poor Clare wasn’t too happy. 

On our way thru Evergreen we came upon a park, some genius designed a great park right near the road, they must have know we’d be driving around and in need of a swing!  Clare enjoyed a few minutes of swinging and a ride down the slide.  After getting back in the car she fell asleep, the trip was much easier once she was napping, the drive back down was rather pleasant, everyone in the backseat napped while our driver took us to dinner. 
















































Look how pretty the sky is, the views were absolutely amazing, wouldn't it be nice if that was our everyday sunset? 






















Wheeeee!!!!

Taking the afternoon off and spending it with Jeff and Clare was just what I needed after a long week, and before a long weekend.  This time of year is so busy, our afternoon adventure was a great break from reality and much needed quality family time.  I think it’s safe to say that we both miss the lifestyle of living in the mountains; maybe we’ll get back there someday, maybe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment