Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Got Milk?


Clare loves to drink water; she never turns down a drink and will drink 3-5oz with her dinner.  We’ve been keeping a cup upstairs so she can have a drink first thing in the morning, like us she wakes up pretty parched.  I’m wishing I’d already started using the sign for water so she could tell us when she wanted a drink rather than waiting for us to offer her her cup; I think we’ll be starting to sign and see if she’ll pick it up.

I’ve been thinking about starting her on some whole milk; Karen has been asking if she could supplement with cow’s milk at her house.  It’s suggested that you wait until kids are a year old before giving them cow’s milk; that all being said I know lots of people that started the transition earlier.  Tonight while we were shopping at Sprouts, blueberries were on sale; I picked up some whole milk to see how she liked it.  We got home at dinnertime and she was getting cranky so we started dinner immediately, dinner included a little bit of milk.  She quickly drank about 4oz of water; maybe she didn’t have any at Karen’s, and then tried the milk.  At first she wasn’t so sure, she looked at me funny as she took a drink and paused after the first drink.  But, she drank most of the milk I put in her cup!!!  I’m so thrilled that she didn’t reject it; maybe this transition won’t be so rough.  I think we’ll slowly offer her milk, a little bit each day with the hopes of having her drink cows milk primarily at Karen’s.   
















Our trip to Sprouts was initiated because we were out of blueberries, among other things, and they were on sale, 2 for $5.  We picked up a few things at the front of the store and slowly made our way back to the fruit section, Jeff was getting some sort of greens while I headed for the berries.  As soon as Clare saw the blueberries she started to get really excited, kicking her legs and ‘talking’ up a storm, she couldn’t get her hands on them fast enough.  I put 3 cartons in the cart and opened the 4th right there to give her some, good thing they aren’t charged by weight.  She was so happy; blueberries are by far her favorite food.  We added some grapes to our cart; we’ll see how she likes those. 

No comments:

Post a Comment