Clare likes her blueberries anyway they come, in pancakes, smashed between her fingers, fresh out of the container, warm, cold and even a little wilted. She straight up loves blueberries. The past few weekends we’ve made a batch of blueberry pancakes for the week, she will eat an entire pancake for breakfast; of course the blueberries are the best part.
During our last trip to Sam’s I bought a huge container of blueberries, thinking there would be no way we could eat them all before they went bad. I didn’t think Clare would eat them all!! I don’t think I had any of them, I know Jeff didn’t and I’m guessing Kai wasn’t lucky enough to get any. Luckily Clare hasn't yet turned into a blueberry.
A drawback to eating berries all the time is the mess they make, at the end of a meal her tray is purple and her fingers are too! When she has both blueberries and raspberries in the same meal her tray is rather colorful. Luckily blueberry and raspberry stains have nothing on Clorox wipes.
Clare is always willing to help, even when it comes to cleaning.
I’m looking forward to this spring/summer when all the berries are in season and we have lots of fresh fruit around the house. I think maybe we’ll have a fruit and yogurt parfait one morning this week, I bet she’ll love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment