Watching Clare practice standing and cruising along the furniture is a sight to see, it wasn’t too long ago that she mastered crawling. She will pull up on anything she can and then stands there checking out what she can reach. When she wants to sit back down she’ll slowly bend down and put one hand down before carefully sitting down; sometimes gravity gets the best of her and she falls before her hand is fully bracing her.
Sometimes when you are on the floor with her she’ll stand up and practice her balance, slowly taking one hand away and then the other before falling down. She’s getting pretty good, must be all the practice she gets while she climbs all over us early in the morning while we try to ‘sleep’ just a few more minutes.
I bought Clare a pair of shoes this week, the cutest pair of Adidas shoes you’ve ever seen. She’s currently wearing a size 3 Robeez which are getting a bit snug, so I bought a size 4 thinking they would be a good fit come summer and hopefully last a little while. They are huge!! I guess I’ll put them in the closet and see how they fit in a few months.
With all of her cruising, standing and pulling up walking isn’t too far off. I’m excited for her to start walking and exploring the world from her feet, but part of me doesn’t want her to, I don’t mind carrying her and helping her with everything, walking is just another step towards her being a kid and no longer my baby. I hope she doesn’t only walk away from me once she figures it out, if she does I’ll just have to learn to run after her.
No comments:
Post a Comment