Clare must be feeling better; she was up at her more normal 7:15 this morning. I’m so happy she’s feeling better, but her early wake up meant I didn’t have time to hide the eggs!
After putting on her new Hanna skirt from Grammy she was ready to celebrate Easter. She walked into the living room where both Grammy and Grampy were having a cup of coffee and immediately saw her Easter basket; she was so excited. The two new Princesses, Snow White and Ariel, were the favorite, although her new bunny was also pretty great. Grampy helped open the Princesses, it was clear he’s not a first time Grandparent as he was ready to help open packages as quickly as possible. The Princess socks were also a hit; I think she’s worn two different pairs today.
The actual hunting for eggs wasn't as interesting to Clare this morning, I guess maybe she had enough hunting for eggs yesterday. She would pick up one egg and ask someone to open it so she could get the jelly beans, then eat the jelly beans and go get another egg. When I suggested picking up all the eggs and putting them in her basket she said 'no, Mama!'.
Grammy had a special Peter Rabbit book to share with Clare. I’m not sure who enjoyed it more, Clare pulling the flaps to see Peter Rabbit or Grammy reading. I can’t wait to share this book with her again, for now it’s put up so the flaps and pulls don’t get pulled or flapped too hard.
Unfortunately Grammy and Grampy had to go back home today, goodbyes are always so difficult. Their visit was wonderful and I’m looking forward to the next time they come out. This morning Grampy was using the binoculars to look out at Mt. Evans where he could clearly see the road to the top and the building at the top; I hope we visit Mt Evans the next time they come out.
We hope that everyone has had a wonderful Easter weekend!

No comments:
Post a Comment