The day Clare was born the Rockies won against Atlanta when Ubaldo Jimenez pitched a perfect game. I remember Jeff saying that she just had to be born that day; it would be such a neat ‘what happened on the day you were born’ story. I have no memory of watching the game although it was on in the room. For her first Birthday Jeff bought tickets to see the Rockies play against the Cubs, unfortunately we didn’t get there early enough for a Jimenez bobble head. This year we went to our first game of the season and saw the Rockies play the Diamondbacks. I think a tradition has been started.
The ballpark was packed, despite the cool weather. We had our usual Wells Fargo tickets so Clare could run around inside while we watched and listened to the game. It was a 1:10 game, so lunch of ballpark dogs was our first order of business, Clare wasn’t to interested, there were so many more exciting things to see and do.
Clare had lots of fun running around, saying hello to Tulo, Jim, EY, and Hot Toddy, and going for walks all over.
The only drawback to a 1:10 game is that naptime is disturbed and essentially nonexistent. We ended up leaving early and walking back to the car in the rain and wind, I don’t think we were more than 5 blocks before she was asleep.
I hope we make a few more games this season, I know Jeff and I enjoy going and I hope we make this a regular Sunday afternoon activity.
No comments:
Post a Comment