To nobody’s surprise with the weekdays going quickly so do the weekends. I try hard to not do things on the weekend that don’t involve Clare, I’d much rather be at home with her than out doing anything else. This weekend however was busy; sadly I had to work both days and on Monday (my new day off). I find myself rushing to get home to see Clare, nothing is more important than she is. Before she was born I enjoyed my weekend mornings while Jeff slept in, I was able to clean, surf the web, catch up on my girlie TV shows and lounge without thinking. Now, I enjoy my weekend mornings even more, hanging out with Clare is absolutely my favorite thing to do. Why can’t everyday be a weekend?!?
Sunday Jeff slept in while I taught Clare how to make French Toast and practiced rolling over; not at the same time of course, that would be awfully messy! Clare really enjoys a late morning nap, as you can see she was busy playing when the need to nap hit her.
Clare has been enjoying the barnyard jump-a-roo, as you’ve seen in previous posts. So much so that dare I say Jeff and I have grown tired of the woman’s voice. He has identified that the song that is repeated time after time as Turkey In The Straw. Jeff decided to pull it up on YouTube; Clare was pretty impressed. I envision our referring to YouTube a lot in the future, it will be a good way to entertain her with various songs and clips from what might be her favorite cartoons – although we’ve already banished The Wiggles and Barney from the house.
After putting Clare to bed on Sunday evening I started to put away some of her clothes, things she’s outgrown and things that will come in handy should we have another baby. It was very bittersweet folding up her sleepers and packing away her onesies, they were all so tiny! How she’s growing so fast is beyond me, it seems like just a week ago she was tiny.
Another milestone, if you want to call it that, that Clare has reached is that she no longer likes to be swaddled at night. The past few nights she has been busting out of it, I can hear that Velcro pulling apart from the living room. While this is ‘exciting’ it also poses the issue of what to dress her in at night. We tried the long sleeve onesie and sleeveless sleep sack combination; this worked well except that the sleep sack is a bit too small (it has a Velcro belt inside, supposed to create the tight feel they like of being swaddled). Tonight we’re going the thin onesie and light fleece sleep sack route; I hope she doesn’t sweat! Tomorrow we may try the cotton sleeper number; maybe that’s enough? Oh who knows!!
While this picture wasn't taken this past weekend we still wanted to post a picture from Uncle A's most recent visit. It's been nice seeing Andrew and Sabrina more frequently, they usually stop by (if you want to call it that since they live 25 miles away) on the weekends.
No comments:
Post a Comment