Friday night Jeff had the SSPR Fantasy Football draft at JoAnn’s (big boss) house. We finally got on the road around 10pm, getting to our condo around 11:30. Clare did really well; sleeping most of the way and then going to bed fairly well once we arrived.
Saturday morning Clare woke up, for the 3rd time, around 7 so I figured I’d just be up for good. The festival was setting up outside our balcony so I watched that for a bit before going to the grocery to get some food. When I got back Jeff and Clare were stirring so we ended up getting up and heading out for a walk down Main Street. The weather was perfect, absolutely perfect. Jeff and I both agreed that this was the ideal weather, cool, dry, and sunny. We talked about how it would be great if maybe our parents would want to retire and move up here, anyone interested???
We stopped at the Blue River to dip our toes in and take a few pictures before walking back to the condo. On the way I discovered a store with more Life Is Good stuff than I’ve ever seen in one place, of course I bought two new shirts. Life is good and this weekend is a perfect example.
When we arrived I watched Jeff talking to Clare before going to bed and it hit me again that this is my family, this is what I’ve wanted for so long and never thought would happen. I felt an overwhelming sense of happiness; there I was with my two favorite people in the world in my favorite place. I am the luckiest woman in the world.
Life Is Good
No comments:
Post a Comment