Monday, August 23, 2010

Back Flip!

A quick afternoon entry while Clare naps, going on 2.5hrs!

As many of your know I typically take Monday’s off, my new favorite day of the week. I went in this morning for a bit and took Clare with me. I put a towel down on the floor and gave her some of her toys, hoping she’d be entertained for 30 minutes or so while I got a few quick things done. She played very happily, even flashed her smile for those walking in to see what the noise was, people were very happy to see her. At one point she started to play with her new orbit toy (not really a ball but spherical for sure, not sure what else to call it) it was just over her left shoulder so she had rolled onto her side to play with it. I continued to watch her play with it and she slowly rolled all the way over ending up on her belly! I was so proud of her, the first time rolling back to front without help and I got to see it!! Such a huge milestone for her, she can now roll both ways without help.

What made me even happier than her rolling was that I was there to see it. With her going to see Karen everyday I fear that I’ll miss her firsts. Karen updates me each afternoon on her day, telling me when she last ate, how she slept (if at all) and other events of the day. I know that with the amount of time she spends with Karen she will have firsts there, and I’m OK with that; I just hope we get to see some also.

I suppose all this new rolling means I need to clean the floors a little more, no longer will she stay in one spot! Maybe I should go vacuum while she’s napping…

No comments:

Post a Comment