Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Tired

I sat down to write this post over an hour ago, apparently I don’t have too much to say tonight; one of the clear indicators that I’m really tired – if I stop talking I’m tired.

Last night was another night of frequent waking, nothing wrong just waking every few hours, she goes right back to sleep when you put her sucker back in (which she promptly spits out anyway) and put her on her side. I finally asked Jeff to take a few turns; it’s nice to have a partner on this journey.

I do have a few pictures to post for our followers from afar that like to see how cute Clare is. Yesterday we ventured out to the mail box to see what the Jolly Postman had brought us – I knew we’d have at least something in there, after all it was August 23rd.

Among a few cards, and one piece of junk, was a package for Clare from one of Grandma Gail’s friends. This family happens to be the family that owned the ice cream shop where Jeff held his first job which Gail whamboozled him into. He recalls it wasn’t much of an interview but rather a ‘here’s your apron, what time can you work?’ He still can’t feel the tips of his fingers and hates the smell of waffle cones to this day, but who’s keeping track (this is Jeff's rendition of the story, not mine). Anyway, they sent her a box of things from Little Rascals, a shop in Webb City.

Clare wasn't so sure about the shoes, she was kicking pretty hard to try and get them off.

She also wasn't sure about the bow, she hardly has enough hair which makes it difficult to wear.

The three of us spent a little bit of time outside enjoying the cool evening; somewhat similar to how Jeff and I spent our evening two years ago. While we didn’t go out to a fancy dinner or exchange gifts of cotton we did enjoy our anniversary. Two years has gone by quickly and a lot has changed. I am happier than I knew possible and have Jeff to thank, I couldn’t ask for a better partner in this life of ours.

Goodnight kisses from dad.



No comments:

Post a Comment