Clare slept thru most of our grocery shopping adventure; the produce section left a lot to be desired in the mind of a 3 month old I suppose. Someday I hope she enjoys grocery shopping with us, picking lots of fruits and vegetables and trying new foods. I figure the grocery store will be a great place to practice colors, don’t they say a good balanced diet can be eating all colors of the rainbow? Fortunately Jeff is open to trying, and cooking, most foods. Wonder if someday she'll ask him to make tofu or eggplant or maybe some other food we don't normally eat because she thought it looked good; I'm sure he'll happily do his best to make it taste good.
We bought 5 of the items in the picture, can you guess which ones?
We also bought avocados and tomatoes for quacamole, yumm!
Of course she's awake in the chip aisle, wanted to make sure we bought more Tostitos Crispy Rounds.
Wonder if Grampy would like a Pecan Sandie?
I can remember shopping with my Mom, it was a big outing to go to Cub Foods, the big grocery store where they had candy in bulk and you had to bag your own groceries. I recall one trip where I was driving the cart and accidentally ran into Mom, needless to say that didn’t go over very well. I can't stand pushing the cart now, thankfully Jeff doesn't mind and is happy to drive. There was also the time when I was allowed to get a prize from the quarter machine at the exit; you know the ones that come in a little plastic capsule. I for some reason thought it would be a good idea to put the capsule around my mouth – I ended up with a ring around my mouth, not a cute look, especially when Kindergarten pictures were the next day :)
Jeff says he doesn’t recall grocery shopping as a kid and is sure he wasn't ever allowed to get anything at the check out. He does remember eating a lot of canned or frozen vegetables. He hates peas still today because of having them from a can as a kid; too bad since peas are one of my favorite foods, although we had them from the freezer. Wonder if he had the classic canned fruit cocktail and if so who got the cherry? I will say I never liked fruit cocktail, and dislike pears because of it.
So, there we have it, a blog entry about our trip to the grocery. I’ll keep working on creative ideas.
If you were inside Jeff's head you'd hear two things.
1. Put the damn camera down!
2. Thank goodness you went back to work this week so you can help pay for all this food!
Thank you Jeff for always doing the cooking and providing us with good food night after night.
No comments:
Post a Comment