Friday, August 13, 2010

Sophie

We have a new animal in the house, Sophie. No, not the German Shepard that I used to dog sit, the giraffe. Sophie is all the rage amongst those under a year, or so it appears, she even has a web site – sophiegiraffeusa.com.

Sophie came home with me this afternoon hoping that Clare would love her, which she does. Sophie is a teether that is also supposed to stimulate her senses. The contrast of her spots, the sound of her squeek, the taste of ‘natural rubber’, the feel of her horns, ears and the texture of her ‘hair’ on her mane. Clare seems to enjoy her; she began chewing/sucking on her ears right away.

Even with her new teether she still enjoys sucking on her hands best. I suppose that falls under the theory that the wrapping paper and box are more exciting than the gift. That being said, I probably won't stop getting her toys :)

With all of her recent drooling Jeff has decided that maybe she should hold her own drool soaked paper towels.

I'm also happy to report that last night was our best night of sleep to date. Clare went to bed at 8:30 pm and I didn't hear from her until 6:30 am. I did wake up twice to check on her, both times she was sound asleep. Hopefully this is a new trend for us, both Jeff and I were thrilled!

Possibly more exciting than Sophie is that it sounds as though Clare has really found her voice and has a lot to say. I have to say, her voice is pretty darn cute, I can’t wait for her to start really talking.

2 comments:

  1. Too cute!! McClellan does the same thing-we need to get them together so they can talk to eachother!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where can I get a Sophie for myself? I'm sure Peter would love it too.

    ReplyDelete