Friday, September 16, 2011

Sweet Friday Finisher

At work we’re supposed to submit a ‘Friday Finisher’ report highlighting all the great things we accomplished during the week.  I’ll be honest, more weeks than not in the ‘it’s FRIDAY!’ afternoon excitement I forget about this report, good thing my supervisor does it for me.  This week I think I’ll do a Sweet Friday Finisher.

Every morning after breakfast Clare finds her Bunny and Baby while I load the car, she’s usually either sitting on the step or by the front window when I come back in.  Wednesday she was unloading the dishwasher when I walked back in, good thing there wasn’t a knife in the basket J 























Why don’t we lock the dishwasher?  Well, Clare can unlock it and open the door, so what’s the point. 

Our evening routine consists of playtime and a light snack when we get home; recently she’s started asking to watch Mickey.  She points to the TV and says ‘T!’  She will sit still to watch the show; she even sat on Jeff’s lap one evening. 






















She did take a break during the show to try and FaceTime Gail and PawPaw, but they didn’t answer, they must have been out shopping or having dinner (maybe Fortune East?). 






















Her piano skills are improving, and by improving I mean she doesn’t immediately hit the ‘home’ button but rather hits the keys for a few seconds first.  Mom, do you see her tongue sticking out? 






















Friday afternoon we had a showing, and we didn’t clean the house up before leaving for work, whops!  So, rather than go home after work we headed to the park.  Clare enjoyed the swing until Dada got there and then climbed all the way to the top of the slide like the big kids.  She sat down and rode the slide all the way down, on her face!  Apparently she got flipped around after the first turn. 

The marks on her face didn’t stop her; she went down another 3 times without incident.  You can see the light pink 'slide burns' on her forehead and nose. 






















Mama, what are you lookin' at?






















When we did finally get home we all enjoyed some driveway time, it was way too hot inside.  Clare is officially running and finds is very funny when others run.  It’s especially funny if you’re running towards her at the same time. I love to hear her giggles.

 Running!!!



































She loves to push her baby in the stroller, too bad the baby fell out over by the garage.






















Clare has been working on her spoon and fork skills, she’s getting much better.  Tonight she switched between using a fork and spoon for her mac-n-cheese; I think she found the fork to be more fun but the spoon to be more efficient.  Oh, and she didn’t like the corn I ‘hid’ in there, but didn’t mind the green beans.






















Forks go in the right hand and spoons in the left.






















Tomorrow is College Football, which means lots of TV watching, and internet radio listening for those Tiger fans.  I hope that Uncle A will join us for the Buckeyes game. 




No comments:

Post a Comment