Monday, September 12, 2011

No 'i'

Let it begin.  The politely telling the teacher that Clare spells her name with no ‘i’ only for them to spell her name Claire.

I had to drop Clare off in the playroom at work this morning so I could get a few things done, both bosses are out so I needed to go and make an appearance.  The moment we walked into the playroom she was less than happy, I hated leaving her there, especially since she was crying before I walked out.  I hoped that after a few minutes she would calm down, there were about 5 other toddlers her age playing with doll houses, kitchens and watching cartoons, all things Clare likes.  Apparently she was able to convince Patty (the babysitter) to take her out to sit with the girls at the front desk.  I’m told she was much happier up there, but kept pointing towards the pool and saying Mama.  Blech, I hate leaving her. 

When I picked her up she was happy to see me, saying my name and putting her head on my shoulder.  We went back in the playroom to collect our things; she had had a snack while she was there.  Patty let me know that she wasn’t much interested in her animal crackers, but she did drink some juice.  

Both the animal crackers and her cup were marked with ‘Claire’.  Luckily it wiped off when I washed her cup. 






















Lesson learned, mark her cup and bag before dropping her off.  

No comments:

Post a Comment