Thursday, May 19, 2011

History


My last post, Peach Picture Dress, initiated a number of phone calls and e-mails; it’s been fun to talk to everyone about their memories of the dress.  My Mother has been turning her house upside down looking for the original of her picture and the other picture of me.  My Aunt found the one of Mary but hasn’t been able to find the original one of her.  I also learned that I was wrong about the origin of the dress, my Great Grandmother Michel bought it for her for her first birthday, not my Grandmother Tarbutton.  Tia remembers the picture hanging on the wall at Grandma Michel's house; I hope someday Clare will say she remembers her picture hanging at Grammy Evans' house.  

I think we’ll have all of them located soon, I would love to get them all framed together, wouldn’t that be neat! 

I only have a 4x5 print of the picture of me, we think there is a bigger one someplace, but it hasn’t been found, yet.  I called the Petty Studio where the picture was taken to see if by some chance they kept their negatives, I was hoping to get a print made if they did.  Turned out the oldest images they have are from 2004, how can that be true?  Oh well, I’ll see if maybe I can’t get the print I do have processed digitally so I can print them again, technology is an amazing thing, it can be done, right?

1949 - Jane Tarbutton 






















1981 - Elizabeth Ann 























1986 - Mary Elizabeth 























2011 - Clare Elizabeth 























When Tia finds her picture I'll update this post, they will all be in one place!!

No comments:

Post a Comment