Sunday, May 15, 2011

Cozy Coup Shopping Cart


I mentioned last night that I was looking for a shopping cart for Clare, one that she could push around to practice her walking, collect her play fruits and veggies in and generally have fun with.  After work today, yes 7 days in a row, I went by Toy’s R Us to see if I couldn’t find one.  It’s been a long time since I’ve been in a toy store, holy moly no wonder parents don’t take their kids in there too often!!   After walking a few isles being distracted by the many toys that I’m sure Clare would love I found one, eureka!!  There it was, a Cozy Coup Shopping Cart in the isle of play food and kitchens!!  I added the shopping cart to my cart and tossed in a bag of veggies and a bag of fruits, I felt victorious and couldn’t wait to get home to show Clare.  I thought about getting a kitchen, but decided to hold off until we have a better space for it.

After filling my cart with the cart I wondered back to the toys for kids Clare’s age.  I nearly bought a few more, a See N’ Say for example, but figured I should wait; Jeff probably wouldn’t have been as thrilled as I was about the car or the wagon.  I did however add the Corn Popper to the cart, I figured it would be another walking toy, rationalizing it in my head to Jeff I felt better about putting in the cart.  I tried to express some self-control; he should be proud. 

I came home to Clare and Jeff in the driveway, despite the 45-degree temperatures they were walking around, change of scenery I’m guessing.  Clare had a huge smile on her face when she saw me; she immediately started saying my name.  I couldn’t wait, I immediately gave her the corn popper, she was thrilled, her face lit up and she wanted to try it out.  She gave it a whirl on the driveway and took a few little steps.  After unloading the car we went inside where it was warmer, as I went up to get the video camera I missed her taking 5 steps with the corn popper!

This will have to do...
























Clare and I started unpacking the fruit and veggies while Jeff got to work on assembling the shopping cart, you could tell he was excited about it J 
















Hey Dada, need help with that?
















Clare had a hard time waiting for him to fully assemble it, she had fun pushing it around once the wheels were attached, she even put a peach in the seat. 























Finally it was put together and she could take it for a spin, she really liked it!!


I hope that these toys help Clare learn to walk and before long she’ll be running around the house.  I love watching her learn and play, it’s fun to see the world from her point of view, some of these toys are pretty fun.  I will say that the addition of the shopping cart and corn popper made me realize, if I hadn’t already, that we really need a playroom, the living room is slowly being taken over by toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment