Motherhood has proved to be the most amazing gift; I love everything about it. I’m sure it helps that Clare is an exceptional little girl. A few weeks after she was born I told Jeff I could have ten more babies; I felt great and was madly in love with her. I feel the same way today; if we could (haven’t won the lottery yet) we’d have at least three more. Motherhood fits me well, every morning it looks good and fits just right, I never think ‘gee, I wish I could just have a day off’.
We have been blessed in many ways, mainly with the perfect little girl. I can count on one hand the number of times we’ve seen ‘all hours of the night’ on the clock, we’ve been blessed with very good health, she has a wonderful happy and sweet personality and she’s pretty easy on the eyes. I’m grateful that we haven’t experienced any of the horror stories that people tell; she’s never projectile pooped or vomited, she didn’t have colic, and she slept thru the night at a week old. I’m sure there will be times in our future where I wish I had the answer or someone to help me, but for now I have no complaints. Motherhood is the best job in the world; I wish it could be my full time job.
Today was just another Sunday for us. Clare woke up around her usual 7:30am and played quietly in her crib until 7:45 when I went in to see her. She smiled so big her sucker fell out and she reached her hands up for a hug, I love our morning routine. I was hoping maybe she’d go back to sleep after a clean diaper and first breakfast, but she had other plans, she did however play quietly while Jeff and I caught a few extra z’s. After second breakfast she seemed ready for a nap, so down she went for an hour. I was able to clean the downstairs, catch up on Grey’s Anatomy, and take a shower; I love my ‘lazy’ weekend mornings.
After naps and showers we set out for some lunch and shopping. Clare was on her best behavior as usual and we had a great afternoon. We got home long after her usual nap time but it wasn’t too big of a problem, she went right down for a nap and woke up happy as could be. She and I spent some time playing upstairs, she loves to pull out all her books and hand them to me, I usually get two pages read before she hands me another one.
Clare did have a little gift for me today. While we were all upstairs playing she decided to take three little steps, all on her own. For a while now she’s been thisclose to walking, if she would just try it she’d be running. We were in the bedroom and playing with the napkin from her picnic set while Jeff was holding her hands, he let go and very slowly she took three little steps towards me. It made my day, I was so excited to see her first steps, I nearly cried. We tried to get her to take a few more steps but she wouldn’t, I’m guessing like other things she’s starting small and reserved before mastering her walking Hopefully she’ll be taking more and more steps and will be walking soon.
We spoke to our Mother’s today; unfortunately we weren’t able to spend the day with them. My Mom spent the morning with my sister and aunt, so they were all together; I wish I could have joined them. Clare called to wish Gail both a Happy Birthday and a Happy Mother’s day.
All in all it was a low key relaxing Sunday, yes it was Mother’s Day, but we aren’t the big ‘to do’ type people. Someday I hope Clare will make me a card, or give me something she made in school, I will cherish them and keep them for years. I look forward to watching her grow and experiencing life thru her eyes. I hope that in a few years I’ll be able to tell you about our Mother’s Day and mention her siblings.
So, Happy Mothers Day to all of the Mother’s in our world. I hope that you find motherhood as joyful, amazing, rewarding and wonderful as I do.
No comments:
Post a Comment