Clare has changed a lot in the last week it seems. This morning when I went in to get her she was sitting up in her bed playing with the bumper and Bunny chatting away, maybe she was telling Bunny about her dream last night. Jeff said she was sitting up when he went to get her yesterday morning, for it to be official I needed to see it for myself. I figure the next thing we’ll find her doing is standing up in her bed, she keeps trying to pull on the bumpers in an effort to stand up, I’m sure it’s not far off. We’ll need to be lowering the mattress here soon, wouldn’t want her to start practicing any gymnastics.
I got a new cup for Clare; this one has a softer spout that is easier to get water from. She seems to enjoy playing with it, occasionally taking a drink and more often shaking it. She still hasn’t figured out that you have to tip the cup to get a drink, I suppose that will come with time.
Nope, water won't come out if you hold it upside down.
Look at the concentration on her face.
Crawling is FINALLY something she’s showing interest in. She has figured out how to get her leg out from under her and up onto all fours. If she could only figure out how to move forward she’d be in business and we’d be in trouble. Despite her moving backwards she moves pretty quickly, it doesn’t take her long to get off the blanket and somewhere else, in the corner was the case this morning.
Occasionally she'll throw in a 'bear crawl'.
It was all I could do to not pick her up at this point, Jeff assured me it was OK to get dirty. The thought of all the dog hair makes me cringe.
Nobody puts Baby in the corner!!
Thanks for helping Dad, all I wanted to do was come over here and stand!
In preparation for our visit to Ohio I bought a new car seat for Jeff’s car. Clare still fits in the infant carrier, but she’s getting a bit heavy to carry around and I don’t want to have to take both the base and the carrier on the plane. Target is having their Baby sale and fortunately car seats were included. I picked up a Graco MyRide65 and wrestled it into the car, I would have laughed at myself had I been watching. Two thoughts kept running thru my mind as I was wrestling with the box and trying to figure out how I was going to get it home without calling Jeff to bring his car. 1. As much as I enjoy this car, I miss having a big car at times. 2. How on earth do people fit two of these in the car?
Check out my cup holders! Too bad I can't reach them quite yet.
Yup, you have a lot of growing to do before you'll be too big for this seat Clare.
This week will be busy; we have lots to do before our trip. I’m looking forward to our trip and seeing everyone, I haven’t been home since this time last year. We’ll be visiting with my Grandma on Friday, Clare hasn’t met her and I’m looking forward to watching them interact and sharing her with my Grandma.
Clare is adorable! We have the My ride 65 and LOVE it!
ReplyDelete