I’ll admit, I was a bit burnt out on the blog after last weekend. We had a somewhat busy week here on S. Riviera, I thought about the blog, but just couldn’t get it done. So, my apologies to our readers for not updating.
Clare offered to update the blog for me, but she wasn't sure where to start, so she just looked at the pictures.
Practicing to drink from a straw is messy, but fun!
Jeff had to work on New Year’s Day, so Clare and I had a girl’s night. In an effort to ‘do something’ we decided to visit Jeff at work and wear our mittens for the first time. It was cute to watch her; she didn’t know what to think.
How am I supposed to play with anything Mom??
Monday was our day off, although Clare and I went into work for a little bit to take care of a few things, she’s such a good work companion. Monday afternoon we spent lounging around and napping, it was wonderful.
Unfortunately Monday evening Clare started to show signs of a cold, by Tuesday morning she had a runny nose, watery eyes and a cough. I took her to Karen’s and called Dr. Dan to see what they thought, we ended up paying him a visit. Her ears checked out fine but her throat was red as a fire engine and her glands were the size of marbles. My baby had her first real cold L Sadly; we couldn’t really do anything for her other than give her Motrin and help her feel better. Sleeping didn’t really happen and we kept her home on Wednesday. Hearing her cough just breaks my heart, he throat sounds so raw and her poor nose is red.
Saturday we traveled to Boulder to cheer on the Tigers, their last against each other in the Big 12. We arrived late, I had to work, and by the time we got there Clare was ready for a nap, unfortunately there would be no napping during the game; it was loud! While Mizzou lost it was still fun to get out and do something.
We're pretty sure Clare could see the game better than we could. She seemed to enjoy watching the people and lights. Despite being tired she did well. The long ride home was perfect for a nap.
Andrew came for dinner on Saturday; we haven’t seen him in a few weeks so it was nice to visit. Clare was more than happy to show him her new Kitchen and demonstrate how to make it sing. She enjoys making the clock sing and the light flash on and off. It really is a pretty neat toy.
Overall not a very exciting week. Clare is finally feeling better and Bunny is in the washer in an effort to free her of the snot she’s been covered in over the week. Today has been a quiet day, we all slept in and have been playing quietly most of the afternoon, I couldn’t ask for more.
No comments:
Post a Comment