Today was one of those days I wish I could bottle and save forever; it was simply perfect. We took our time, enjoyed each other, played, laughed and made memories. I realize that being a stay at home mom is not something I’ll likely be able to do, and that’s alright, but should it ever become possible I’d feel as though I was the luckiest woman in the world. I live for this little lady and every moment I spend with her is a dream come true.
Our morning was relaxing, breakfast and a nap for Clare, breakfast and a bit of web surfing and cleaning for me. I had hoped to head out early, but it was pretty clear that Clare needed a morning nap, I was happy to push our plans and let her get some more beauty rest.
I don't usually take pictures of her napping, but today is the first time I've seen her sleep on her belly, ever. She's also started playing with her friends in her bed, Truman, Bunny and her sleep bunny (plays white noise) get a lot of playtime and are always in a different place when I come in to get her.
After Clare woke up we got dressed and headed out. Kohl’s, Hanna Andersson, Gymboree, and Target were on our list; we made it to all but Target. We took our time and enjoyed walking around, looking at things and watching people. Clare was the perfect little girl and played quietly in the stroller while I looked for some sales. After a bit of browsing we headed to meet Jeff for lunch. Jeff generally doesn’t have a strong opinion about where we go for lunch and was happy to go to Noodles so I could get my favorite Mac-n-Cheese. Clare was a wonderful lunch partner; she sat in her chair and enjoyed some Mac-n-cheese, peas, and pears while we enjoyed our lunch. Once we got home it was time for a nap, which meant it was time for me to clean.
I ended up going to Target after Jeff got home, we needed a few things and I wanted to get Clare her activity table with some gift cards. While walking around Target I realized, again, how much fun I have just walking around looking at things and taking my time, such a simple pleasure.
She looks so big in this picture!!
I love that her tongue is sticking out in this picture, just like me. Oh, and don't worry, she didn't pinch her hand.
Although difficult to get into the position, kneeling was a little easier for long term playing.
Anyone wondering how bath time is going? I’ve been trying to figure out a solution to her growing out of the infant tub; I bought a mat for the big tub but it wouldn’t suction to the bottom. Tonight I brought out the Ducky tub again. I put it on the floor of her room to see how she’d react. Jeff put her on the floor and what instantly happened? Yes, you guessed it, tears and crying. You can’t say I didn’t try. So, rather than subject her to the Ducky tub I figured maybe it was time to give the big tub a try; she loved it. She was able to move around, something I won’t allow her to do in the infant tub even though she tries every night, and play with all of her toys without losing them over the side (I think she tossed them overboard on purpose). The bath was a hit, I think we’ll officially retire the infant tub and use the big girl tub from here on.
She's so tiny in the big tub.
We have a busy day planned for tomorrow, 9-month pictures with Ann in the morning and a trip to work for a swim lesson in the afternoon. I’ll do my best to soak in every moment and make the most of our time, she’s growing so fast before I know it she’ll be going to school and leaving me in exchange for her friends. These are the days I have dreamt of and enjoy every moment of.
No comments:
Post a Comment