Nine months, 40 weeks, 280 days, 6,720 hours, no matter how you count it Clare is growing up. Nine months ago today she joined our family and changed our world, all for the better. Nine months ago I was introduced to a little lady that would forever change me and I would love beyond words.
As we sat down to dinner tonight I couldn’t help to think of all the things you have done in nine months. You ate your first real meal tonight, no baby food! You ate half of a banana, green beans and a few bites of chicken. Bananas are a favorite and help the chicken go down a little easier, maybe the chicken doesn’t have enough flavor for you. Foods that you like are bananas, yogurt, avocado (you’re our official guacamole tester), angel food cake, the cheese from Mac-n-cheese, rice, bread, and vegetables (you haven’t refused anything you’ve tried). I am constantly trying to introduce new foods to you, I hope you enjoy a variety of foods; Dad is a great cook and can make some pretty wonderful things.
You have started to sit up in your crib, I walked in this morning and you were sitting in your bed playing with Bunny, maybe you were telling her about your dreams last night. You enjoy standing up and prefer to stand and play rather than sit on the floor. I have a feeling it won’t be long before you are standing all over and attempting a few steps. I get so excited for you when you are standing there playing; you look so proud of yourself and happy. We bought you an activity table this past week; it has become your favorite toy, although you still love your kitchen. You are getting better at crawling, finally getting the hang of being on all fours. You haven’t quite figured out how to go forward, but you’re almost there, it’s only a matter of time.
Recently you have become more affectionate; I love this new snuggly side of you. You will put your head on our shoulder and lean in for a little hug. You still don’t like to give big hugs, but these little hugs are wonderful.
You are talking more and more. Your favorite thing to say is “Hi Dad”, Dad always says “Hi Clare” in return; sometimes you go back and forth for a few minutes. Mama is something you say when you need something, I’m happy to oblige and will always do my best to meet your needs. This past weekend you said “Hi Mama” for the first time; I loved hearing you say that.
I say it every month, and I’ll keep saying it every month, I can’t believe how fast you’re growing and changing, before I know it you’ll be all grown up. I love spending my time with you and want nothing more than to spend every moment with you. My life is better because of you; I am blessed to be your Mama. You make me smile, you melt my heart, your voice is music to my ears, the smell and feel of your skin is one I’ll never forget, when you hold my hand my heart skips a beat, and when I look in your eyes I could get lost for hours. I can’t wait to see where your life takes you; I hope you’ll take me with you.
Clare, I love you more than anything in the world; don’t ever forget.
Happy Nine-Month Birthday Clare!
Chrissy leaning in for a hug from Clare.
Hey Truman, you want a hug too?
Such a sweet little girl.
Don't worry, she didn't fall out of the chair, note my left hand reaching for her.
Clare, you are the sweetest little girl I know, I love you!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment