Clare and Jeff had a wonderful Monday Funday, I know Clare was happy to see me when I got home, not sure about Jeff but I think he was too. They spent the day playing inside and staying warm, today’s high temperature was 12. Thankfully, Jeff did shovel the driveway and front steps.
To nobody’s surprise Clare had a cooking lesson this afternoon, Chicken Soup was on the menu. I think she probably does more supervising than actual cooking, which is OK; we’ll let it slide for a few more months. Tonight Clare was able to enjoy the fruits of her labor; she enjoyed carrots and chicken for dinner. I was a bit nervous about the chicken, she’s never had anything so ‘solid’ and this was her first meat. She seemed to like it, although wasn’t overly excited. The carrots were a hit, being able to pick them up herself made them even better. For dessert she had a bit of angel food cake dipped in apricots. I think she liked the cake best of all, who wouldn’t.
These carrots are MUCH better than the pureed ones!
Who doesn't like cake?!?
Hiding under the table after getting caught at the mailbox.
Kathy Sabine warns that tonight is going to be the coldest of the season, a low of -7 is predicted, safe to say we’ll have the space heaters on and blankets piled high.
No comments:
Post a Comment