Tonight I had to go into work, every 4th Monday we start a new session of swim lessons, and so I dropped Clare off with Jeff and headed in. The weather today was really cold and icy, schools have already announced their closure for tomorrow, the roads weren’t awful, but it is cold (high of -2 for tomorrow). If I had a dollar for every phone call asking if we were open I could buy Starbucks every morning this week. Jeff heard that MIZZOU has cancelled classes for tomorrow, in anticipation of the snow! A little MIZZOU trivia for you - the first time they cancelled classes (other than when Kennedy was assassinated) was when Jeff was a senior, only once since then have they cancelled.
Anyway, I digress…. Jeff called me at work to tell me that Clare had her first accident. She was standing in her crib and lost her balance, when she fell she hit the top of her head on the crib. Apparently it was awful, tears and screaming for a few minutes. He said that she didn’t have a knot but that she was pretty upset. He also mentioned that she was crying for me, saying my name. It broke my heart to know that she got hurt and I wasn’t there to help her feel better. I’m sure Jeff did a great job, but to know she was calling my name and I wasn’t there just breaks my heart.
I got home in time to get her to bed, she was so happy to see me. I love her face when she first sees you. Her smile is so big, she squeals with delight and looks at you like ‘where have you been!?!’ It made my night to see her face when I walked in the door; I love that little girl more than anything in the world.
I’ve been holding onto these pictures, keeping them to myself. I’ve printed them all and have them ready to hang around the house, I can’t decide which ones to put where; I love them all. Ann Goldenberg did an amazing job capturing her cuteness, I am forever grateful for her eye and talent with the camera. Ann, thank you for taking these amazing pictures and forever preserving her perfect smile, beautiful eyes, tiny toes and general perfectness.





No comments:
Post a Comment