Monday, October 4, 2010

Peas and Pears

So far Clare loves solid foods, she can’t get enough of them! She has also decided that she has no use for rice cereal, as Jeff said she’s had enough of that buuull shit. He then went on to tell her that he doesn’t blame her, if he’s going to have rice cereal he likes it with butter and sugar; who wouldn’t!?! So, we’re done with the rice cereal and moving on to ‘real’ foods.

Sweet potatoes were her first ‘baby food’ (the artichoke dip, BBQ sauce, and spaghetti sauce don’t count) and she loved them, loved them so much she decided to wear them! Last night we tried peas, which she also loved – can't blame her, peas are one of my favorite foods, although I prefer them whole over pureed. Unfortunately all these high fiber vegetables aren’t helping her GI track, much like her mama. Tonight we added pears to the mix; hopefully they will help her not have such a belly binder.

Can't quite reach it....

Fine, I'll just eat the tray until you're done taking pictures.

Uhh, you have a little something on your face Clare.

She's a very focused eater, no messing around here.

If you are wondering why we're holding hands it's because I'm not such a fan of food finger painting.

The weather is FINALLY starting to cool down, and by cool down I mean that tomorrows high is only 82 degrees. I’m looking forward to the cooler weather and all it brings with it. Hooded sweatshirts, sleeping under warm covers with cool air, pumpkin flavored everything, the pretty colors and the start of the holiday season. I’m also looking forward to the cooler weather because Clare has so many cute clothes, I almost feel bad putting her in long sleeves, while it’s cool in the morning it’s down right hot when we go home.

This weekend on our monthly trip to Albertson’s Clare picked out a pumpkin, as you can tell she thinks it’s pretty interesting. I hope that Jeff will go with us to a pumpkin patch; I swear I won’t ask him to go on a hayride or ride a pony or anything. It sounds like a fun fall outdoor activity, something we can do as a family. I know once we get there he’ll enjoy it; it’s convincing him and getting out the door that’s the biggest hurdle. Maybe there will be a corn maze, although I could see him telling me he’ll meet me at the end and sending me on my own, on second thought maybe I hope there isn't a corn maze.

Now, just how do I get this in my mouth?


No comments:

Post a Comment