While waiting Clare and I walked around LoDo, pretending we were classy folks living in one of the high-rise condo buildings, it only took us a block or two to decide we didn’t look the part. After walking to the park, which didn’t have any swings, we decided to visit our favorite bookstore, the Tattered Cover; Clare hadn’t been there since April 16th when she decided to make her grand entrance. Our first stop was the children’s section, not a very big section, but lots of good books on the shelf. We picked out two new books, Knuffle Bunny and Green Eggs and Ham, both good reads if you haven’t read them. I also picked up a Tattered Cover postcard for her baby book; I figure it will go well with her lucky penny that I found on the street as we were walking there that evening.
Clare and I continued to walk around a bit and then headed back to the car for a snack, some reading and a nap. Only once did someone approach the car and ask if I was a driver and would I mind moving the car so she could park there, as it is a private parking lot. I kindly explained that my husband was inside for an appointment and that I was sure he would be finished soon, at which time I would gladly move; the lady later found a parking space down the row and made her 4:15 appointment.
This sign was in the space next to us, which the woman couldn't get her car into after 5 tries. The same sign was also in front of my car, good thing Jeff was seeing Dr. Wise!
Clare doesn't really smile at the camera; she more looks at it with curiosity, as though she wonders why it's in front of your face, so if I hold the camera and then peek around the side to say 'hi' she'll smile.
It was nice to spend the afternoon with Clare, the weather was perfect and it was nice to be in a new environment that we could explore.
No comments:
Post a Comment