This past weekend Clare was babbling away while playing in her high chair, Jeff walked by and she said ‘dada’. We both looked at each other, and then at Clare. He stopped, looked at her and said ‘what did you say?’ and again in the sweetest voice I’ve ever heard Clare said ‘dada’.
She kept saying it Sunday evening, but more part of her ongoing babbling, not necessarily at Jeff. Monday when we were home she kept saying it, in an effort to create the association of ‘dada’ to Jeff I showed her a picture of Jeff each time she said it, we looked at his picture all afternoon. Last night while he was feeding her dinner she would say it, while they were sitting on the couch playing she said it. I think it’s safe to say her first word is Dada. I've been trying to catch it on video, so far she hasn't been saying it when I have it on, I'll keep working on it.
I suppose this is just the beginning, soon she’ll be talking non stop and saying all sorts of things. I would be lying if I said I wasn’t bummed that she hasn’t said mama yet, hopefully it isn’t far behind.
dadadadadada
ReplyDelete