We started our day with coffee and a bagel with Melissa, McClellan and Ann. We enjoy going to a bagel shop and sitting for what turns into an hour or two just chatting, Clare and McClellan typically jabber and look around; today Clare played with her cell phone while McClellan practiced her elk calling. Once we realized we had coupons for Gymboree, Children’s Place and Gap we decided that we just had to go shopping, off to Southlands we went. There were some screamin’ deals to be had at Gymboree, Clare got a few things but we didn’t find what we set out for, an outfit for our 6month pictures next week with Ann, I suppose another shopping trip might be in our future. The Gap also had some great deals, I tried hard to express self-control but did end up with a really cute bunny hat for this winter, you’ll die when you see her in it, she’s too cute.
Mom, this hat is too big!
The girls love to shop :)
I love this picture, she looks so peaceful and happy playing with her bunny.
After shopping we came home for a quick lunch and play in our jump-a-roo before heading out for the first day of swim lessons. While I have Monday’s off I do end up having to go in rather frequently, which means I take Clare with me. Tonight she napped for a short bit and played on the floor in my office for a while. I like having Clare with me, no matter what, but I feel guilty taking her to work on Monday’s. I so wish I could have a free and clear day off with her, days where we don’t go anywhere in the car are often the best.
Tonight I decided to make some peas, the second of my homemade baby food items. I used a bag of frozen peas and steamed them on the stove before putting them in the food processor. I realize that I am in the minority with peas being one of my favorite foods, but I thought they tasted pretty darn good. I gave Clare a taste, which at first was all right. The second bite wasn’t so great and then well, it was a good thing Jeff was wearing a green shirt. Maybe another night she’ll enjoy them.
Not so sure about these peas
OK, I'm sure I don't like them.
One drawback to being out all day is that Clare doesn’t really nap, 30 minutes here and there doesn’t really count. Tonight was a rough night; it took about an hour to finally get her to sleep. I hope she sleeps well tonight; she sure needs it.
No comments:
Post a Comment