Sunday, February 5, 2012

Super Bowl Sunday

I must admit, we didn't watched much of the football game this evening, but we did watch the half time show, Clare’s first exposure to Madonna.  She wasn’t moved one way or another, so maybe she’s not a Madonna fan, oh well. 


I decided to make breakfast this morning, Clare enjoyed some scrambled eggs and toast, and she wasn’t such a fan of the bacon.  She loved having Pawpaw sit next to her while eating her breakfast.



Today was another day filled with tea parties, taking crocodiles for walks, reading books, walking and rocking babies, napping, coloring, playing on the iPad and having fun with GG.  I’m not sure who napped longer, Clare or GG; they both seemed pretty tired once naptime rolled around. 

Clare loves to wear other peoples glasses, she does look darn cute in them!
















GG was happy to read Pat The Bunny to Clare, Aunt Julie's favorite book.

















GG and Pawpaw brought their treadmill to live in our basement, I'm beyond excited.  Clare was the first to take a walk.




Just one of the many tea parties that Clare hosted over the weekend. 
















Clare showed GG how to play the Old MacDonald game on her iPad.
















Fridge Update:  There was some progress and more strategizing about just how to get this done.  Greg worked outside again today, shoveling and contemplating the best route.  He also took his truck for a test run up the driveway, it had no trouble and Jeff and I both laughed as we watched from the garage, he barely had to give it any gas.  So, we know the truck can make it up the driveway (and so can a Maurano, someone arrived in one for the party next door – although not the guest that brought the emergent fire extinguisher).  As of now the plan is to go to Home Depot tomorrow morning and load it up, if we can get it up the driveway then that’s half the battle.  Greg did shovel off the front steps and a path to the sliding doors; this would be the ideal entry as it’s wider than 38inches and the fridge doors would not have to be removed.   So, stay tuned, I hope tomorrow evening I can report that we have a fridge on the main floor of the house and we can finally stop having to go to the garage for everything.

While Greg wasn’t shoveling and working outside he was busying hanging pictures in the hallway, our first real decorated space. 
















GG and Pawpaw haven’t officially decided when they are leaving, we selfishly hope it’s not until Tuesday, we love having them here and Clare has had the weekend of her life.  I suppose if the fridge doesn’t happen tomorrow they will just have to come back! 

No comments:

Post a Comment