Friday, February 17, 2012

Pneumonia


After hearing Clare cough and moan all night I knew we needed to visit Dr. Dan, when she woke up with a temperature of 102.8 I was completely convinced that we needed an appointment.  So, we waited for them to open at 8:30 and called for the first available appointment at 10:15.

While I took a shower and got ready Clare watched a little bit of Mickey.   She looked so miserable, she was breathing loudly and was hotter than hot.  Seeing my little Lady so sick is heartbreaking!

















Normally Clare isn’t a fan of being weighed or measured, she was feeling so crummy that she didn’t mind this visit.  She weighed in at 28lbs 5oz, less than I thought she would.  We didn’t have to wait long for Dr. Dan to come in the room, Clare said hello and let him check her out.  He decided that he could hear a bit of crackling in her right lung and that her right ear was very infected.  To check her lungs he sent us next door for a chest x-ray; this was our first trip ‘next door’ and it was far less traumatizing than I had anticipated.   Clare had two x-rays taken and we were I and out in 15 minutes.  Once back in the room we waited a few more minutes and the results were in.  Dr. Dan was right, she had a bit of both viral and bacterial pneumonia in her lungs, not so much that he was overly concerned but enough to warrant two prescriptions. 

After visiting Dada at work we headed to the pharmacy for our prescriptions and a new Pooh book.  As soon as we got home Clare looked ready for a nap, even though she’d slept in the car. I gave her her first dose of meds, which she didn’t mind and even said they tasted yummy. 

She’s napping now, I hope she wakes up feeling a little bit better; I hate seeing her feeling so icky.   

No comments:

Post a Comment