Today was like Christmas, both Clare and I received very exciting gifts.
We had our 5th attempt at delivery for our dryer (we’ve given up on a fridge for the time being). I got the call that our window of delivery was 7-11am, so I set my alarm for 6:45 figuring there was no way we’d be first on the delivery route. I was wrong; we received our delivery at 7:30. Arick and Ron were our delivery heroes, the same two that tried really hard to delivery our appliance two weeks ago; I was thrilled to see them. Before I could get a good viewing spot in the bathroom window Arick already had the dryer on his back and he was walking up the driveway, God Bless him!! Jeff was outside with them and heard Arick say ‘It’s Tebow Time!’ as he put the dryer on his back. Indeed he Tebowed it and got that thing up the driveway in no time. They had the dryer in the house and working in record time, they were out the door and gone in less than 30 minutes; it was wonderful!
Aren't they beautiful?!?
Having a glass lid to the washer is pretty interesting, I find myself watching the laundry far more than anyone should.
Jeff ended up staying home today, originally because of the dryer delivery but then because he wasn’t feeling well. He reported that he took a good nap and did one load of his laundry. The most exciting thing he did while he was home was put Clare’s kitchen together. GG and Papaw got her a kitchen for Christmas, and until this weekend there wasn’t enough room in the basement for it. Clare was thrilled when she got home, she immediately started ‘makin dinner’ and ‘cookin’.
She enjoyed opening all the doors, cabinets, the grill and checking it all out.
I think Jeff had fun also, he showed her how to make the ice maker work, the stove and the grill - they all make noise.
The fun doesn’t stop there. Jeff also put together Clare’s bike. When Clare woke up on Monday morning she saw it in the living room and got really excited. I’m glad we have enough room for her to ‘ride’ her bike in the house; I think it might be a while before it will be warm enough to ride outside. She hasn’t quite figured out how to pedal, but who needs to peddle when Mama and Dada can push! Kai isn’t so sure about the bike; maybe because I like to chase her with it, Clare thinks it’s hilarious.
It's a good thing Clare has a bike mechanic at the ready, Dada needed to adjust the seat a little bit so she could reach the pedals.
So, we all have new toys in the house to keep of busy. Clare loves to be in the basement with her kitchen, car and bike while I’m loving doing laundry


No comments:
Post a Comment