Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year

Happy New Year!!  It's fun to look at the left side bar and see that this is the first entry of the year (or second since I didn't get my 2011 review up until today).  I'm setting a goal of 175 entries this year, that's a lot of blogging.

Clare rang in the new year by staying up until 8:30, a very late night for this little Lady.  We aren't real wild and crazy people, our party consisted of watching a movie and hitting the hay early, honestly I'd rather be home with my family then out partying it up.  That said, the Young Dubliners were playing at the Little Bear Bar in Evergreen and we would have loved to have been there, but we didn't have a babysitter, oh well.

One fun thing we did do today was visit with Uncle A who was in town on his way back to Houston after a 3 day ski trip in Aspen.  I really miss having him around and seeing him.  Clare warmed up to him pretty quickly and after a few minutes was getting him to play with her.  He was happy to read books and see her new bacuum.  We all went to the Brook Forest Inn for brunch and then watched the Broncos before he had to head down to Denver for the airport.
















Clare was happy to tell Uncle A what sound all the farm animals make.  It makes reading Old McDonald that much more enjoyable.
















Clare loves music, and especially likes the musical maraca's that he got her for Christmas.
















I'm sure Andrew was laughing on the inside, maybe out loud but I didn't hear it, but she was both bacuuming  and yiping (wiping) while he was the there, she is my daughter after all.  When he left, rather than saying 'have fun' he said 'stay clean!'  I love it!!






















Uncle A's lap made the perfect recliner for Clare, she was watching the game in complete comfort, beverage in hand and reclined.

No comments:

Post a Comment