I'll spare you all from the long sad story of our appliances, maybe I'll write about it when I'm less passionately fired up about it (think 4 days off work for 4 delivery attempts, renting 2 pick up trucks and countless phone calls to the MOD at Home Depot), but wanted to share a few pictures.
This is my new beautiful high efficiency top load washer, isn't it pretty?!?! You know you're jealous.
Clare also wanted to see how awesome it was and take in it's beauty, she immediately started pushing buttons (it beeps!). She also enjoyed the noise it made when she kicked her shoes against it. I bet she'll find it even cooler when she can watch the wash being washed, yup it has a glass lid!
Notice her fashion statement, to say we need to do laundry would be an understatement.
You may wonder why I only have the washer. Well, that goes along with the long sad story. The dryer that showed up was dented and the top was broken, so Jeff (I asked him to be there for the 4th attempt at delivery) refused it. The next available delivery isn't until next week. That will be 1 month without having done laundry for those counting.
We also got a new range, gas stove and convection oven. Unfortunately it doesn't slide into the spot in the island, we need to cut off about 1/4 inch of counter top to make it fit (again, another blog entry). It does work, and it's super pretty.
Jeff had to switch out the tiny little orifice's so that it would work with our propane. Finding the right tool was the hardest part of that task.
Ahhhh, now we're cooking with gas!
I didn't take a picture of the dishwasher, it's equally as exciting, pictures don't do it justice. My Mom and sister will both be pleased to know that the protective film is still on the front (same as the range) and I have no plans of taking it off.
So, there we have it, 3/5 of our new appliances. Why only 3/5? Because the knucklehead delivery service people refused to deliver the refrigerator, saying that we'd be hard pressed to find a delivery company that would be able to get it into our house. Fine, be that way, we'll just return it and buy a fancier one from someone that will get it into the house. Seriously, they said they would put it in the garage but wouldn't get it into the kitchen.
Stay tuned, hopefully next Tuesday I'll be posting a picture of my beauties sister, assuming I'm not busy washing every article of clothing we own.


No comments:
Post a Comment