Saturday, June 11, 2011

Evermore


I should have written this entry a few weeks ago, I’ve had it drafted in my head for months.  Everyday Clare is turning into more of a little girl and less of a baby right before our eyes.  I look at her and see a little girl, what happened to my baby?

Clare started walking while holding your hand(s) a few months ago, we both thought she could walk alone if she’d just let go, but like most things she took her time.  She was cruising the furniture and walls, pushing chairs and anything else she could, but wouldn’t let go!  When we added the Cozy Coup Shopping Cart to our fleet she started walking more, but wouldn’t let go.  Finally a few weeks ago she finally let go and started walking.

Now that’s she’s walking she’s exploring more of the house, mainly the front living room where Kai hangs out.  This distresses me greatly, all I can think of is the dog hair, blech!  Fortunately there isn’t much to do up there, so she doesn’t stay for long. 

With all this walking I can’t help but think about what’s coming next, running, climbing, jumping, skipping, riding a bike.  I know all these milestones will be exciting and fun, but I sure wish she’d slow down.

Here's the first video I could get of her officially walking.



I guess you could say we officially have a Toddler on our hands.

In an attempt to get some comments on my post:  I'll buy you dinner if you can tell me why the title of this post is Evermore. 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. saw you take your first steps today
    next i know you'll be running away
    since you came i've been upside down
    now i know i never wanna come down

    open up the world, climb on inside
    hold on to my hand, well come and take a ride

    if you tire as you wander i will carry you back home
    you may fall, you may stumble -- you'll never be alone
    wrap your arms around me, i will never let you go
    this i swear
    i'll be there
    evermore

    evermore


    watch you growing up every day
    when you talk i wonder what you'll say
    build you up and make you wise and strong
    travel the road less traveled on

    look up at the stars, they're shining tonight
    as long as they are there I am right here by your side

    if you tire as you wander i will carry you back home
    you may fall, you may stumble -- you'll never be alone
    wrap your arms around me, i will never let you go
    this i swear
    i'll be there
    evermore

    evermore

    open up the world, climb on inside
    hold on to my hand, well come and take a ride

    if you tire as you wander i will carry you back home
    you may fall, you may stumble -- you'll never be alone
    wrap your arms around me, i will never let you go
    this i swear
    i'll be there
    evermore

    evermore

    Evermore, evermore...

    ReplyDelete