Clare had a rough weekend, her roughest weekend of her life without question. We’ve been blessed with the sweetest, easiest little girl, she’s absolutely perfect. She hardly cries, doesn’t fuss too much and generally is very happy. This weekend Clare was not herself. She drooled more than we’ve ever seen her drool, she wore 3 shirts and 4 bibs on Saturday alone. Our guess is that she’s finally getting some teeth, although you can’t see or feel any. I’m hoping she’s back to her normal sweet self tomorrow.
I was able to get a few smiles caught on camera :)
Saturday we went up to Evergreen, it was 20 degrees cooler up there than it was in Denver, heavenly! We drove around and looked at some more houses, we’re getting close to actually moving. To say she wasn’t thrilled about all the time in the car would be putting it mildly. Thankfully, some Mexican food in her belly for dinner helped for a quiet drive home, she finally fell asleep after not taking a nap all afternoon.
Sunday we headed down to the outlets for a few quick exchanges while the house was being shown. After stopping for lunch, where she enjoyed her first Corn Dog, we headed home. The afternoon was spent playing inside; it was too hot for a walk or playing outside. She got every toy she owned out; the living room was a toy war zone. Once the sun went down we headed out front to play outside, it was a nice evening.
She loves to play with the Burt and Ernie Bedtime book from Maggie and Jack, unfortunately she's played with it so much it's in many pieces, it's been well read.
She was chewing on EVERYTHING this weekend.
Walking 'around' in the grass with Dada, she walked in about 4 circles before stopping.
Many nights Jeff will sit out on the drive way and monitor the cul-de-sac, watch the people walking by and grill. Tonight, Clare joined him, I think she did a good job helping Dada.
Drink on one side and radio remote on the other, what more do you need!?! She had lots of fun moving the cups from one side to the other.
Sitting outside once the sun goes down a bit is one of my favorite parts of summer, we could grill and eat outside every night as far as I'm concerned. Can't wait to do this up in the mountains!
Clare wore her Keens for the first time today. I bought these shoes when she was just a few months old; they are so darn cute. I’m not sure that she enjoyed them as much as I did; she kept taking them off. When she took them off before dinner, our usual routine, her feet were all sweaty, I guess that’s a drawback to the shoes. Aren't they so cute!!
It was a long weekend, but we survived. I hope that she feels better tomorrow, seeing her so upset is no fun, her tears break my heart. Tonight after her bath and getting ready for bed she fell asleep in my arms, something she NEVER does. I wish I could have sat there all night holding her, I love this little girl more than anything in the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment