Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Summer Monday

Another drawback to summer being my busy season is I have to work on Monday’s, I think I have 3 Monday’s where I won’t have to work due to programs starting, meetings or other appointments.  Luckily, summer is Jeff’s slow season, so he’ll be taking Monday’s off, no longer are they Mama Monday’s, for a few weeks it will be just Jeff and Clare. 

This week Clare woke up pretty early, I’m not sure how excited Jeff was to be waking up at 6:30 on his day off, but when Clare’s up she lets everyone know it.  I left for work and wished them well.

I think they had a pretty good day. 

It seems that when I'm not around Jeff feels the urge to go shopping, why doesn't he ever want to go shopping with me?  Clare helped him pick out new shoes, maybe she has a future as a shoe saleswoman like her Dada. 
















Fortunately this customer had both feet with him.
















Clare seems to think the corn popper is more of a vacuum than it is a push toy, she stands still and pushes it back and forth.  I can't imagine where she learned this :)






















Something else that Clare has started doing is pulling one book off the shelf at a time and 'reading' it.  She likes to bring the book into the middle of the room and read, or stand on it. 









































Clare loves her Old MacDonald and Row Row Row Your Boat books, there is a small circle in the corner that plays the music when you push it; she likes to push the button and then dance to the music.





So, Mondays are now for Jeff and Clare to hang out.  I imagine there will be lots of sleeping in, a few shopping trips, Chinese for lunch, long afternoon naps and apparently pants are optional.

I’m looking forward to this fall when I have my Monday’s back with my little lady. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh heavens! I hope it's just pants optional for Clare... if not, please don't post those pictures...

    ReplyDelete