Monday, June 6, 2011

Watermelon Dum-Dum!


Clare and I had a busy day, we had to be at work by 8:45 to prepare for the first day of swim lessons; summer has officially started.  We managed to get all 80+ kids in the right place at the right time; it only involved 2 trips to the outdoor pool and 1 transfer of classes.  After our busy morning we met Jeff for lunch and then headed home for a nice long nap, oh how I wish all my workdays included a 2.5hr nap.

After naps we ran a few errands, our weekly trips to the bank and Target. Waiting in line at the bank is so frustrating, it seems as though I always choose the slowest line and that the person in front of me has a million transactions all on their library card.  Oh well, we finally had our turn and did our business.  Like many visits to the bank, the teller commented on how adorable my bankcard was and then asked if it was my baby in the picture.  Of course it’s my baby, why would I have some other child’s picture on my bankcard!  Anyway, the lady was nice and complimented Clare on her cuteness and gave her two dum-dum suckers. 

This is the picture on my bankcard. 
















I’m not sure what I was thinking, but as we loaded up the cart in the Target parking lot I unwrapped the watermelon dum-dum and gave it to Clare.  At the time I thought, geez, why am I doing this, I’d be less than thrilled if Jeff did this, why am I?  Oh well, there was no turning back; she loved it!  I was careful to keep my eye on her the entire time, and keep my fingers on the stick as much as she’d allow, she got mad when I took it from her to see how much she’d eaten.  To her credit she didn’t touch the stick and didn’t move it around in her mouth, she just held it there.  After a few minutes I was able to distract her with her water long enough for me to take the last bit of it and throw it away.  That all said, I don't think Clare needs anymore candy anytime soon. 























Safe to say Clare loved her trip to the bank today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment