Saturday, June 18, 2011

Frisco BBQ Challenge

This weekend was the annual Frisco BBQ Challenge.  My first trip to the BBQ Challenge was in 2005 when my Dad was in town and we wondered what the music was we heard from my balcony, so we walked to Main St and found the BBQ Challenge, what a wonderful discovery!  I remember walking around and tasting various BBQ, fresh roasted corn and potatoes made with a power drill.  Jeff and I have been to the once since then, again enjoying the delicious fare and mountain air. 

After a quick trip to Babies-R-Us to get a cup holder for the new stroller, we headed up I-70 to exit 203 for some BBQ and mountain air.  Somehow we found a parking space close to Main St, so our walk was short.  There must have been at least a zillion people there, having the stroller was almost more convenient than annoying, it acted as a crowd breaker, the sea of people parted just enough as we walked thru.

We bought our Hog Backs (tickets used for purchasing BBQ) and started looking around, true to our style we walked all the way to the opposite end of the festival without actually purchasing anything.  Clare and I eventually got in line for an ear of corn while Jeff set off for a hot dog.  Clare ate the entire hot dog; this girl loves a hot dog!  The corn was pretty good, I got it without butter and put a little bit of garlic salt on it, it was simply delicious!  Jeff set out again in search of something good to eat, he eventually came back with some chicken, shrimp and sausage of some sort, and all of it was good. 

That's the face of a girl with a belly full of hot dog :) 






















After eating a bit of BBQ we went over to the park area so Clare could walk around and stretch her legs.  We noticed that Clare doesn’t like to stray far, despite having an area to play she stuck close to the stroller, I suppose she’s like us and likes to stick close to home. 

She had fun sitting on the foot rest of the stroller, she really likes a seat that's just her size.



























We decided to call it an afternoon after walking around a bit, so back to the car it was.  Luckily, Clare napped most of the way home, so it was a rather peaceful drive.  Overall I think we all enjoyed the day, I know I did.  If nothing more it’s nice to get out of the house and do something as a family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment