Ok, lesson learned, I promise I won’t do it again!
Last night I made a huge mistake, one I’ll never make again, one I paid for all night and am still paying for today. I decided that since Jeff had to work late, he didn’t get home until 7:45, that I wouldn’t put Clare to bed at her normal 8:00 but rather kept her up till 9:00.
Oh my goodness, this sweet little girl does not do well when she doesn’t go to bed on time. She fell asleep easily; I thought we were in the clear! Then it started. She woke up for the first time at 12:30, and then again at 2:00, and 3:00 and 3:30 and 4:00… Holy moly was it a long night, and is turning into being a long day.
You can tell she’s tired, I feel awful for being so selfish. I told Jeff this morning that never again will I keep her up, she will go to bed on time no matter what. As much as I enjoy spending time with her and can’t get enough of her it’s not worth keeping her up.
She’s finally fallen asleep, and of course now I’m worried she hasn’t eaten in 4 hrs and what about a clean diaper? Oh, so many things to keep on top of to keep her happy and smiling.
Betsy, I can't believe that keeping her up an hour made such a difference. As a mom, you are going to be flixible, and as a kid, she's going to be flexible too. Next time try keeping her up only a half hour, and see what happens. You can't run your life around her bedtime. Well, of course you can, now!
ReplyDelete