I try to read to Clare at least once each day. She seems more interested in the sound of my voice than the pictures at this point so I try to be as animated as I can to keep her entertained. It doesn’t matter what the book is about, I read her the Your Baby’s First Year Week by Week the other day and she liked it; we learned about diaper rash and how to pack a first aid kit.
My favorite books to read are her books; they are far more entertaining than the books I’m reading. If You Give a Moose a Muffin is my current favorite, but I’ll always enjoy The Giving Tree and of course all the Curious George books. I’ve found myself thinking of all the books I want to get for her – Guess How Much I Love You, Love You Forever, Falling Up, and so many others. I can’t wait to visit the bookstore, although I’m sure my wallet would enjoy a trip to the library.
I’m sure we all have favorite childhood books, mine is The Best Loved Doll. I wonder what books Clare will have as her favorites. Will she be more of an animal story person or will she like stories about princesses? Maybe she’ll like bugs and other gross things, Jeff will have to read those books to her, ick! Whatever her favorite may be I hope she loves books and always wants to read.
No comments:
Post a Comment