While taking this picture Clare had a bit of an accident, her worst yet. As you can see Gail was holding her for the pictures, although she quickly passed her off to Jeff. We all had a pretty good laugh after cleaning up.
Ruth made the perfect comment; she was making a memory. Making memories is exactly what I hope she does each time she visits with family, our memories are so important and sometimes all we have. Hopefully next time she chooses not to make a memory by pooping on Gail :)
I can remember going with my Grandfather, Grand, to visit his Mother, we took her mints that she loved. Unfortunately I don’t have very many memories of Grandma Tarbutton; she passed away when I was fairly young. I do remember her funeral and the ‘chicken impossible’ sandwiches that were served at the church after the funeral.
Some of my best memories of my Grandfather are of him taking me to the symphony on Friday nights. He would pick me up and we’d go to dinner at the University Club downtown, we’d sit downstairs and have Fritos and cheese and then go upstairs for dinner. I recall one evening he said I could get dessert, a rare occasion, and I asked for mint chocolate chip ice cream but they didn’t have any – he then asked the waitress to find some, which she did! After dinner we’d walk to the symphony. I can still remember where our seats were, the feel of the red velvet on the seats and eating mints that I’d taken from dinner. I may have only been 9years old, but he made me feel like a Queen.
I have lots of good memories of Grand and think of him often; I hope that Clare will also have lots of good memories of her Grandparents.
No comments:
Post a Comment