We had our first session of real ‘tummy time’ today and surprisingly she didn’t hate it. She was able to move her head from one side to the other, pausing for a few seconds with her face looking forward. It looked like quite the workout. I keep reading that one should position themselves on the side where she isn’t looking and call her name, that she should start move her head in the direction of your voice. So far Clare doesn’t turn her head to look for me, maybe she figures I’m not going anywhere so why look.
Clare clearly enjoys books, must be her fathers daughter. Today we spent some time reading and looking at pictures. Her book collection is forever growing, we have lots of reading to do before I get to the point where I know the words before turning the page. Many of the books she has I’ve never heard of.
I am also happy to report that Clare and I left the house today, and it felt so good. Clare slept the entire time; she probably didn’t even realize we weren’t home. I almost felt like a 16 year old with a fresh drivers license, anxious to go anywhere and run any errand that needs running. Maybe Jeff will want to meet for lunch someday so we’ll have another outing.
Her Grandma is impressed but not surprised (that she likes books.) Keep up the blogging... she was so excited that she ran over to Merrell's house to show him how to get to this page!
ReplyDeletei like to eat lunch
ReplyDelete