Friday, May 21, 2010

Camp Tia

Clare has been so busy these past few days!!

Tia (my aunt Ann) arrived on Wednesday morning to spend a few days shopping, going for walks, laughing and getting to know each other; I like to call it Camp Tia on location Colorado 2010.

Thursday we went to the outlet mall in Castle Rock, Clare’s first shopping trip. It wouldn’t be a visit with Tia without shopping till you drop. We went to the Coach outlet where Tia bought a purse, and I bought a wallet for the diaper bag. Both items had the Coach “C” logo design, although I’ve decided that it really stands for Clare. Clare convinced Tia that she ‘needed’ the purse and that the “C” would remind her of her first visit with Clare. We hope Tia enjoys her new purse, even if it doesn’t have a shiny penny in the pocket.

Thursday night was Clare’s first trip to a restaurant; Jeff and I were pretty happy to have dinner outside the house for the first time since April 16th. Andrew and Sabrina joined us for dinner at the Bonefish Grill. We enjoyed mussels, soft shell crab, calamari and some tuna it was wonderful! Clare slept the entire time and was the perfect baby – no one can ever say she was the screaming baby at the restaurant.

Friday was filled with more shopping and her first visit to Nordstrom’s, Tia’s favorite store! There were lots of cute things, however I restrained myself and didn’t purchase anything – only made a return so now we have store credit, which means we’ll HAVE to go back. I shouldn’t be allowed to visit Baby Gap and Pottery Barn Kids, I can’t seem to get out of those stores without something in a bag – kids clothes are just too cute! Clare expanded her already full wardrobe with a very cute dress that will be perfect for her trip to Missouri this summer. Clare seemed to enjoy her trip to the mall, all that walking really puts her to sleep.

We also stopped at the scrap-booking store so I could pick up a scrapbook and some pages to begin Clare’s baby book. I’ve been collecting things and putting them in a zip lock bag. I can’t wait to start putting things together into a book for her to keep.

I am so glad that Tia was able to come out and visit, meeting Clare and spending time with her has been so special. We don’t get back to Ohio as often as we’d like, so having her come to us was a real treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment