Evenings have been difficult lately; Clare fights sleep pretty hard after 6pm. Some nights are better than others; some nights it can take 2+ hours to get her to sleep. Tonight Jeff took the first shift of helping her get to sleep. He discovered, after standing in the bathroom for 5minutes, that the bathroom fan is a white noise that she likes. Unfortunately she didn’t stay asleep. I took the next shift; Jeff figured he’d make dinner while I gave it a shot. We sat in the bathroom for a good 10 minutes, but no luck, not even the shower helped. I then decided to see if maybe the vacuum would work, after all it is Sunday and the floors always need vacuuming. Low and behold, the sound of the vacuum calms her down! Only my child would be calmed by the sound of the vacuum. I spent nearly 20 minutes vacuuming the upstairs; there isn’t a dog hair in sight up there!
As happy as I am to know that the sound of the Dyson calms her down, it would be even better if she actually fell asleep to the sound. She is finally asleep, but only after much rocking, walking, shhhh’ing, swaddling, and many I Love You’s from both Jeff and myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment