Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Happy Birthday!!

As many of you know, and for those that don’t, today is Jeff’s birthday. I hope he had a happy day and this is just one of many birthdays he’ll share with Clare. Our day was pretty low key, as most of our days are. There were no surprise parties (we’re saving that for the big 4-0!), no clowns, pony rides, ladies jumping out of cakes, or fancy new cars in the driveway. There was however the worlds cutest baby there to smile at him when he woke up. Clare did her best to help him have a good day, not hard to do when you’re Clare.

Clare and I met Jeff for lunch, Chinese of course, and then he went to play golf. Overall a pretty good way to spend your birthday if you ask me. Clare and I did not go golfing but rather went on to the grocery store to get the supplies necessary for Peanut Butter Pie. Those of you that have made it before will notice that I did forget one ingredient! Oh well, back to the store tomorrow and we’ll have pie one day late.

This is the first year that I didn’t have a gift for Jeff, it feels weird to me that he doesn’t have something to unwrap. I realize that birthdays may not mean anything to other people, but I try to make them special for those around me, they are important to me if nobody else. I can remember my 5 ½ birthday, yes you read that correctly, I celebrate my ½ birthday, we were in Europe and my Mom picked up cupcakes to celebrate. I always felt special and enjoyed the day even more, even if it was just another school day or day I have to work. I hope that I can help Jeff and Clare enjoy their many birthdays to come; they are the two most special people to me.

Jeff, I hope you enjoyed your birthday, even if there weren’t packages to unwrap and pie to eat. Clare and I love you very much.

Happy Birthday Jeff!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! You can lay off of that "big 4 0" stuff. I know his folks and they're not much over that! : )

    Hope he had a Happy day!

    ReplyDelete