Slowly but surely I’ve been working my way through The Happiest Baby on the Block, a book about the 5 S’s. Swaddle, Side/Stomach, Shhhh, Swingin/Swaying, and Sucking. Apparently this is the foolproof way to get your baby to sleep without a lot of fuss. A number of people have recommended this book to me, including Clare the Nurse Practitioner; they all swear by it. I think I’ve got all five down at once, and you know what, it works! Clare has been fighting sleep, but this seems to do the trick, after about 10-15 minutes. We’ve gone from an 11pm-ish bedtime to an 8:30pm-ish bedtime, it’s wonderful! Now, the drawback of her going to bed earlier; she gets up more often in the night. Hopefully our nights of 7-8 hours of sleep aren’t far off.
Another thing I’ve figured out about Clare is that the sound of the shower helps put her to sleep. I laughed when I discovered this, I should have known! When I was little my parents would turn the shower on, my crib was in the bathroom, and the sound of the water put me to sleep. Maybe she’ll be a water baby like her mamma.
Jeff was home from work today, it’s so nice to have him home. I really enjoy our laid back days, I could get used to this. Jeff has been playing some old school Oregon Trail; he’s become quite the bear hunter. We have also been watching a lot of Rockies baseball; too bad they aren’t doing a little better. I think we’ll make our first trip to the ballpark this weekend. Sunday is an afternoon game so it should be warm enough for Clare.
So, now that she's asleep I should go to sleep; it's only a matter of time before she's awake looking for a snack.
Goodnight :)
No comments:
Post a Comment