Today seems to be a big day for history, not only is it Memorial Day but...
Seven years ago today Sarah and Paul got married. I remember the day being beautiful, both in the weather and the ceremony. They were married at the North Oaks Golf Course in St. Paul Minn (if you visit their web site the gazebo where they were married is on their home page :) ). Lunch was served and then there was a game of S&P Trivia. I was lucky enough to be the Maid of Honor and made a speech about how our family was now like a double stuffed Oreo – Andrew and I were the cookies and Sarah was the cream filling but now that she was married we were even bigger and better, thus the double stuffed Oreo.
Another thing I remember about their wedding is that during lunch I noticed the butter was shaped like golf balls, how cute! Sarah immediately sighed, they had golf balls with their names on them for all the guests and she’d forgotten them at home!! Oh well, there was always brunch the next day for people to get their souvenir golf ball. Sarah has a basket full on her mantel, I have one in my kitchen, Dad has one in his car and I’m sure others that were there have them around their homes and remember the day and smile like I do.
Happy Anniversary Sarah and Paul!!
No comments:
Post a Comment