Saturday, August 25, 2012

Line Leader

Thursday was a better day than Tuesday; she did cry but not as much and didn’t get Bunny.  I walked by the room as they were sitting in a circle singing songs; she looked happy and was sitting next to Ms Shaddy.  Her class goes to the playground everyday, they all hold onto a rope with different colored rings as they walk in a line.  I caught the tail end of their line as they were walking to the playground, thankfully she didn’t see me, but Julian’s mom did J    I cracked my door open so I could see them walk back to their room and was pleasantly surprised to see that she was the line leader.




All the mom’s line up outside the room starting at about 11:20, thru the window I could see everyone sitting at the tables with their backpacks waiting for their name to be called.  Clare looked so sweet sitting there waiting for me, when she saw me at the door she got up and ran over to me and gave me a big hug, it was wonderful.  Mrs. Abbas handed me the apple that she made, it’s another beautiful piece of artwork that’s on the fridge.



I made the mistake of walking Clare thru the pool to get to our car, of course she wanted to swim and when I told her we couldn’t she wanted to ‘work’.  I felt awful but knew we needed to get to Karen’s, I’ll be parking in the front of the building from now on, I don’t like upsetting her and I owe her a trip to the pool.

Taking Clare to Karen’s has been a challenge this week; she hasn’t been herself.  On Tuesday she cried for 45 minutes at naptime, crying for her Bunny, which Karen finally gave her.  Clare has never had Bunny at Karen’s.  Wednesday was another rough day, she didn’t want to get out of the car, didn’t want to walk to the door and cried when I left.  Naptime was difficult again, but Bunny was there to comfort her.  Thursday was even worse.  She cried as we drove to Karen’s and didn’t want to get out of the car and then stood next to the car saying she didn’t want to go.  When we finally got to the door she was willing to walk in, but didn’t want me to put her down or leave, and cried and reached for me as I left, it broke my heart to leave.  Bunny stayed with her again on Thursday.   

Maybe it’s the change in routine, or maybe it’s terrible twos, or maybe it’s the four teeth she has coming in; whatever it is she’s having a rough time.  We’ve called GG and Pawpaw almost every afternoon this week; Clare loves to talk to them on the phone, even if it is difficult to understand her.  Gail thinks maybe her behavior is because of the change in routine and that hopefully it will be better in a week or two, I sure hope she’s right.  

No comments:

Post a Comment