Thursday, August 23, 2012

Happy Anniversary


Today is our 4th wedding anniversary, the Sweetest day of my life.  4 years ago today we gathered with our friends and family next to the Blue River in Summit County and said ‘I Do’. 



Merrell was our master of ceremonies. I couldn’t think of a better person to lead us on this adventure, he and Imo have been a wonderful example of what a strong, loving, and lifelong partnership and marriage should be.   When people ask me who married us I smile and think of what a wonderful job he did and how much it meant to us that he was willing to take on that role.  Thank you Merrell, I am forever grateful. 



As my Dad and I were waiting for everyone to take their seats, before the rain started, he asked me if I was sure I wanted to do this, I’d never been so sure of anything and it turns out I made a good decision that day.  As he and I walked down the isle I can remember thinking that surely this couldn’t be real, and surely everyone wasn’t looking at me. 



Once I reached the end I remember feeling calm and confident and that everything was going to turn out all right.  I remember watching Greg’s face, he was standing behind Jeff, and thinking how lucky I was that he was there to support us and how grateful I was that our paths in life had crossed, he and Gail raised a perfect man for me. 



I don’t remember the ceremony word for word; I wonder if anyone remembers their wedding ceremony like that, I remember Merrell reading 1 Corinthians 13; Love is patient, love is kind.  It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Loves does not delight in evil but rejoices in truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always preservers.  I think we’ve lived our marriage pretty true to this, we are definitely good match for each other and have a solid partnership together. 

One of the things I remember clearly from our wedding ceremony is the end when Merrell began to announce our marriage and a clap of thunder stilled us all, as though God was announcing his presence and sealing our marriage.  Thankfully my brother had planned ahead and stashed some golf umbrellas behind him, before I knew it he was handing me an umbrella and the rain was falling. I’ve heard there wasn’t much organization to everyone getting from the riverside to the pavilion, but I figure that’s just another element of our day that we’ll remember.



The reception was a lot of fun, nothing over the top but perfect for us.  The DJ insisted that we had to be announced; neither of us were fond of that but oh well.  He also insisted that we needed a first dance, so Jeff decided that the Honeydippers Sea of Love would be our first dance song, we even asked the DJ to shorten the song as neither of us can really dance and frankly we weren’t overly excited about being the center of attention like that.  I remember telling Jeff that to help take the focus off he needed to sing the song while we ‘danced’, he did. 




We had a great evening, our friends and family appeared to enjoy themselves, the food was pretty good and it was fun to see so many people that had come to celebrate with us.  It was a wonderful weekend.

I am forever grateful for Jeff and couldn’t imagine a better person to walk thru life with.  We have fun together, understand each other, compliment each other, and have brought the most amazing little girl into the world together.  I love him more today that I did 4 years ago, I can’t wait to see what our future has in store for us.

I love you Jeff. 







No comments:

Post a Comment